Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Time to Myself?

As I sit, trying hard to type without looking at the keys on the keyboard, I have to fight Curly for the right to my computer. Hubby is on the phone, walking away as the kids start to fuss. How come I can't do that?

I just would like a few minutes to call my own. Where I'm not going to work, or errands, or anything like that. Hubby gets a Saturday, why don't I? I'm not saying that I want the whole world to go away, I just want a few hours where I don't have to be anywhere, don't have to watch anyone, don't have to pick up anything...you know, time to myself.

I don't get it while Hubby is at work because when one child is sleeping, the other is awake. Just as Curly is going down for his nap, it seems the Princess is finally deciding to get out of bed. Me, get a nap when I have the usual Jersey cold? Not happening.

I hate kvetching. That's exactly what I'm doing here. Please don't get me wrong, I do love being a mom and wife, but we all need a break, don't we?

No comments: