Friday, March 7, 2008

Inspiration from The Princess

So, I was working on a halter. I had cut up a T-shirt to make it into the front and shelf bra. The Princess took one of the sleeves and shimmied it on like a skirt. It got the creative juices flowing in my head that I should make a skirt from the sleeves of the T-shirts!


See, I'm already collecting the backs of the T-shirts to eventually incorporate into a quilt. Most of the shirt is used up in making the halter. The sleeves just get tossed aside and thrown out.


I looked at what she was doing and thought, "That's a great idea! I'll add some fabric on the bottom..." And this is what we get:













I'm really happy with the way that this skirt turned out!!!! And, the bonuses: it looks adorable on her and she really loves it!!!!


Of course, custom orders for one of these are always welcome!!

2 comments:

Curly Girl Glass said...

what a freaking lucky kid!

JerZ said...

Curly, hence the nickname Princess...